Barcelona have won all five of their
previous encounters with City; conceding
Barcelona have won all five of their previous encounters with City; conceding only twice. City suffered their heaviest Champions League defeat when these sides met in the reverse fixture, conceding four goals for the first time this season.
Guardiola is facing Barcelona as manager for the second season of his career; as Bayern Munich boss, he was knocked out by the Catalan side in the semi-finals of the 2014/15 Champions League (3-5 on aggregate). City are unbeaten in their last six Champions League home games (W4 D2).They've never gone seven consecutive games without a defeat at the Etihad in the competition.
Barcelona have won their last three away Champions League games against English clubs, two of which were against City.via skysports
Manchester City have had four players sent off in five games between the two sides Barca have won all five of the meetings between the two clubs Luis Enrique's men have won their last four matches, scoring 12 goals.Form in all competitions - LWWWW; Away Form - WWWLW)
Manager: Luis Enrique Martínez
Goalkeepers - Marc-André ter Stegen, Jordi Masip, Jasper Cillessen
Defenders - Javier Mascherano, Samuel Umtiti, Sergi Roberto, Lucas Digne, Marlon Santos, Nili
Midfielders - Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic, Arda Turan, Denis Suárez, Rafinha, André Gomes, Carles Aleñá
Forwards - Leo Messi, Luis Suárez, Paco Alcácer, Neymar
- Notable absences: Gerard Pique (ankle), Andres Iniesta (LCL), Jeremy Mathieu (suspended), Jordi Alba (thigh), Aleix Vidal (manager's decision)
- 3 players called up from Barcelona B: CB Marlon Santos, CM Carles Aleñá, RB Nili
Previous Champions League match: Barcelona 4 - Manchester City 0
Probable XI for the match: Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Mascherano, Umtiti, Digne; Rakitić, Busquets, Rafinha; Messi, Luis Suárez, Neymar.
Manchester City F.C. (Form in all competitions - DLDLW; Home Form - WWWDD)
Manager: Josep "Pep" Guardiola
Squad: to be announced
- Notable absences: Claudio Bravo (suspended), Fabian Delph (knock), Bacary Sagna (hamstring), Pablo Zabaleta (foot)
Previous Champions League match: FC Barcelona 4 - Manchester City 0
Probable XI for the match: Caballero; Fernandinho, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov; Fernando, Gündoğan; De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling; Agüero.
- If Barcelona draw they are through. If they win and Mönchengladbach do not, Barcelona clinch first place.
- If Celtic lose and City do not, Celtic cannot finish in the top two